When it comes to treating TMJ disorder, there are basically two paths you can take when you reach a fork in life’s road. To the left are expensive visits to the doctor and dentist, side-effect inducing medications that simply mask your pain instead of treating it at the core, and the prospect of experiencing even more pain post-surgery – should you decide to take it that far.
Today your are going to learn why you should veer toward the path on the right when you reach that fork. That’s because down this road – often overlooked by the general public and certainly by medical professionals – are simple and easy home remedies that are either free or inexpensive to do, get to the root of your pain, and will start treating your TMJ pain today.
So let me show you the top 5 home remedy tips that you can begin doing right away to greatly reduce your TMJ pain.
Top 5 Home Remedy Tips for Treating TMJ Disorder
- The easiest, quickest, and most inexpensive way to begin treating the disorder is by altering your diet. In fact, because you’re going to eliminate a few particular items from your daily intake, you might actually discover a few extra bucks in your wallet. This is because I want you to remove caffeine from your diet. This especially pertains to soda and energy drinks. Yes – I know it’s fun to “get your wings” from Red Bull but the insane amount of caffeine in these kinds of drinks puts you on edge and make it harder to relax. If you can’t relax, the tension built up in-part from the caffeine intake will greatly increase your discomfort.
- Now that you’ve tweaked your diet for the better, try starting each day with some stretches for your TMJ. A great way to attain pain relief is to open your jaw as far as it can go without experiencing pain. Shift your jaw to the left and hold for five seconds. Return your jaw to center. Now shift it to the right and once again hold for five seconds. Return your jaw to its normal resting position and repeat a few more times.
- After you stretch your jaw out in the morning, jump in the shower and turn the heat up about as high as you can tolerate. Stand with your back to the shower head and let the water hit your lower neck and shoulders. The heat is the perfect way to relax your neck and shoulder muscles before you start your day.
- Get Your Yoga On – is great exercise to do no matter what time of the day it might be. I especially recommend Bikram Yoga because the 105-degree heated room really does melt away the tension in your body. Additionally, yoga is the perfect way to help you stay calm, centered, and relaxed, which is critical for treating TMJ disorder.
- Last but by no means least, acupuncture is another great way to relieve the pain in your jaw, neck, shoulders, and more. The reason acupuncture rules is because the insertion of the needles gets right to the core of your pain. It’s treating the disorder directly where it begins. You can see how this approach is miles away from simply taking pain medication month after month, which only temporarily covers up your agony.
Now you know the best home remedies for treating this frustrating disorder. It’s the path I simply can’t recommend enough.
Are there any home remedies that are currently helping you right now? Please share them below!