If you suffer from temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), then you probably have all kinds of frustrating TMJ problems. You may suffer from an incredibly stiff jaw, sore neck, tender shoulders, and all sorts of physical issues. It can also drag you down emotionally, especially if you’re not attaining results after visiting doctor after doctor and dentist after dentist.
TMJ problems don’t have to ruin your life, however. So with that in mind, get ready to learn about the most common TMJ problems and how you can treat them today with some super awesome remedies you can do right from home.
What Seems To Be The Problem Here?
Problems for TMJ seem to come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Although each of you will experience a different set of issues, there are many TMJ problems that the mass majority of sufferers experience. These include:
- Headaches, which occur in almost 80% of sufferers
- Facial pain ranging from moderate to extreme
- Neck and shoulder discomfort
- Difficulties sleeping
- Terrible ear pain
- Difficulties chewing
- Ringing in the ears
There are many more, but these seem to be the most common.
How Exactly Did It Happen?
How did you attain these TMJ problems in the first place? It differs drastically among sufferers. Some attain the disorder through grinding their teeth at night. Maybe you’re a habitual gum chewer or fingernail biter. Perhaps you’ve been in a car accident and had some sort of jaw trauma. And of course, like many medical conditions, a stressful lifestyle plays a major factor.
It doesn’t really matter how you attained the disorder. What’s important is attaining relief from your pain. Let’s show you some simple home remedies you can do to start feeling better today.
TMJ Problems Be Gone!
While there are tons of home remedies at your disposal, it can be intimidating in terms of where to start. Why don’t you focus on these three critical actions that will have you feeling better in no time:
- Caffeine – Trust me, from personal experience I know how hard it is to cut this out of your daily habit. I don’t expect you to quit cold turkey, but now is the time to slowly phase caffeine out of your diet. Are you drinking 16 oz of soda per day? Cut back to 12 one week and then 8 the next. Do you drink caffeinated coffee each morning? Trying going half-caf, half decaf. Also, stay away from energy drinks as much as possible. They’re total garbage.
- Stretches – Daily stretches are critical for fixing any and all TMJ problems. There are a lot of elaborate stretches you can do that will work wonders, but the simple ones will have you feeling pretty darn awesome as well. My personal favorite is simply opening my mouth as wide as I can without experiencing pain, shifting my jaw to the left (and holding for a few seconds), shifting my jaw to the right (hold once more), and returning my mouth to the closed position. See how easy that is!
- Don’t Stress – Stress is a huge contributing factor for TMJ disorder. Therefore it’s important to take very deep breaths whenever you encounter a stressful situation. The better you cope with stress, the less likely your jaw muscles will remain in a tense position, which is terrible for your disorder.
There are lots of safe and all-natural home remedies you can do today to start feeling better. These three will get you going in the right direction, and I’d love to hear which ones work best for you – let us know in the comments below!