Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) has a profoundly negative impact on the lives of over 10 million Americans each year. Are you one of them? If so, TMJ symptoms and treatment options to combat them are probably pretty high on your to-do list. That’s why I want to show you the most common symptoms of TMJ disorder and the treatments that will help alleviate them quickly.
Before we dive into TMJ symptoms and treatment strategies, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to waste your precious time and money by visiting doctors and dentists. If your experience has been anything like mine, they’ve basically tried to mask your pain with side-effect inducing medications that don’t do anything to treat the disorder at the roots. Treating this disorder directly where it starts is what I’m going to show you how to do. This way you’ll not only feel better quickly, but also for months and years to come.
The Most Common TMJ Symptoms and Treatment Options
As a person suffering from this awful disorder, keep in mind that your symptoms might differ from other folks out there. But with that in mind, why don’t I show you the most common TMJ symptoms.
- Facial pain
- Aching in the jaw joints
- A “popping” and/or “clicking” sound in the jaw
- Ability to open mouth all the way is limited
- Cheek and jaw muscles are constantly sore
- Ear Pain
- Tinnitus (constant ringing in the ears)
- Hearing abilities are diminished
- Ears constantly feel “itchy”
- Eye Pain
- Blurry vision
- Eyes are bloodshot
- Constant watery eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Shoulder and Neck Pain
- Lower and upper back stiffness
- Minor/major loss of feeling in fingers and/or arms
- Numbness of the limbs
- Sore shoulders
- Head Pain
- Sensitive scalp
- Horrific pain in back of head
- Extreme pain in forehead
There are literally dozens more symptoms, but these are probably the most common. Do you suffer from any of them?
When it comes to TMJ symptoms and treatment options, there are more tools at your disposal than you might think. What I really want you to take away from this article is the knowledge and confidence that you can finally find pain relief by doing very basic and simple home remedies.
Let’s check a few of them out!
- The best place to start is when you first wake up in the morning. I want you to drink at least 15 ounces of water right away. This will help decrease dehydration, which plays a major role in adding to your pain.
- It’s time to eat? Then consume foods high in magnesium.
- Stretches are a truly amazing way to start feeling better today. You can do them before work, on your lunch break, while sitting in an airplane, and really any situation where you have a few free minutes. Many of the exercises are as basic as slowly opening your mouth, moving your jaw from side to side, and repeating this action for at least five minutes.
- Here are two fantastic treatments that often go overlooked:
Sharing is Caring
TMJ symptoms (and treatment options) don’t have to ruin your life. Very basic TMJ home remedies can have you feeling better in no time. In fact, I’d love it if you shared some treatments that have worked wonders for you. Feel free to post them in the comments below!