The treatment of TMJ disorder is certainly of incredible importance if you’re one of the 10 million Americans currently suffering from this condition. If you’ve been finding yourself desperately seeking treatments for your TMJ discomfort, but don’t know where to start, then it’s time to take a serious look at various home remedies. If you take advantage of these easy and totally free treatments, you’ll start to feel instant relief.
Taking advantage of various home remedies is more important than ever right now. This is because studies continue to prove that expensive doctor visits and intrusive surgeries are not proven methods for TMJ pain relief. What is proven are home remedies, which include breathing exercises and relaxation methods. If you learn these two tips and integrate them into your daily routine, you’ll start to feel the pain relief you’ve been seeking.
Finally A Breath Of Fresh Air
An effective treatment of TMJ pain is breathing exercises. The great thing about breathing exercises is that you can do them at any time and any place that works best for you. Maybe it’s early in the morning before the kids wake up. Perhaps it’s on your lunch break before you head to the gym. Maybe it’s late at night when the rest of the world has gone to sleep. Try to block out the same time each day that works best for you.
One of the best breathing exercises you can do is belly breathing. Here’s how you do it:
- Lay down on your back and place your right hand on your heart and your left hand on your belly
- Breath normally for one minute
- Next, take deep and full breaths in through the nose and feel the air travel deep into your belly
- Exhale through the mouth
- Practice this a few times
- Lastly, try to breath in for six seconds and breath out for 6 seconds
As you can see, one of the main goals of belly breathing is to fully relax the body. Well what do you know? That’s our next tip for treatment of TMJ pain!
Perhaps the most overlooked treatment of TMJ pain is relaxation techniques. Here’s why this is so important. If your body – and namely your jaw muscles – are constantly in a state of stress, unnecessary strain will be placed on the TMJ joint.
Let’s show you one of the easiest relaxation techniques that will help you feel better today:
- Push the tongue against the roof of your mouth just slightly behind your front teeth. This will relax and unclasp the jaw.
- Next, lift your eyebrows just slightly as if you’re wide awake. This relaxes the muscles in your forehead and eyes.
- Lastly, give yourself a big ‘ol smile. This will relax the facial muscles.
Now you know some great tips for treatment of TMJ disorder that don’t include painful surgeries or other unproven methods. By using just a few simple and easy home remedies each day, you will start to feel results instantly. Give them a try today and let us know what you think.